Get to know VLI
VLI is a company that offers logistics solutions to integrate ports, railways and terminals, with capacity to meet, with increasing efficiency, the demand of the main players that move the economy in the country. The company includes the North South (FNS) and Centro Atlântica (FCA) railroads, as well as integrating terminals, which perform the loading and unloading of products for railway transportation, and the operation of port terminals located at strategic points along the Brazilian coast, such as Santos (SP), São Luís (MA), Barra dos Coqueiros (SE), São Gonçalo do Amarante (CE) and Vitória (ES). Elected one of the 150 best companies to work for by Você S/A magazine, VLI transports Brazil´s wealth through routes that going through the North, Northeast, Southeast and Midwest regions.
Offer logistical solutions that are integrated with our clients business
Transform logistics in Brazil
People that stand out when it comes to SAFETY.
Go after RESULTS in a persistent and consistent manner.
PEOPLE that are integrated and valued multiply their results.
Have an ENTREPRENEURIAL vision, create and improve passionately.
RESPECT for people always.
Our actions make a difference for CLIENTS.
Nonconformists that have the necessary ATTITUDE to solve problems. Make the most with less, with SIMPLICITY.
Service capacity and efficiency to transform logistics
A logistics solution which counts on the Integrative Terminals of National Port and Palmeirante, in Tocantins, and the North-South Railway (FNS), essential for the region of the new agricultural frontier of Brazil.CLICK HERE
This corridor crosses important producing regions of the country, besides being one of the main export routes of Brazil, through the Port of Santos and also the Luiz Antonio Mesquita Integrating Port Terminal - Tiplam.CLICK HERE
Located in Southeastern Brazil, crossing part of the states of Rio de Janeiro, Espírito Santo and Minas Gerais, this corridor presents transportation capacity for mineral inputs, such as limestone and clinker. Thus, it drives the domestic market in the most economically developed region of the country.CLICK HERE
Integrated with the Central-Atlantic Railway (FCA), this corridor offers an efficient logistics route for shipping grains, minerals, steel products, fuels and wooden logs. It crosses the states of Minas Gerais and Bahia.CLICK HERE
Located in a highly competitive region, this corridor meets the demand of the steel industry, the export of grains through the Tubarão Complex (Vitória - ES), as well as coal, fertilizer and fuel loads.CLICK HERE
Know our history
- VLI was created, controlled by the Vale Company, and responsible for the operations of the Central-Atlantic Railway (FCA), North-South Railway (FNS), terminals of Pirapora, Araguari (MG), Palmeirante (TO) and TIPLAM (SP);
- Launch of VLI’s brand and website: focus on agility, innovation and integration;
- Acquisition of 79 SD5 locomotives;
- Rationale for the new positioning of VLI: the customer is the reason for our existence;
- Extension of 17 courtyards and construction of two courtyards;
- Acquisition of TIPLAM (SP), formerly called TUF.
- Event of inauguration of IT of Araguari (MG);
- Beginning of the Permanent Route mechanization project, with the arrival of the first KGT cranes;
- Extension of 9 courtyards and construction of 2 courtyards;
- Arrivals of 15 Dash9 locomotives;
- Project to reform the superstructure of 1,500 FHD wagons and acquisition of 529 HFE wagons (metric gauge);
- Creation of the VLI’s Solidarity Volunteer Program;
- Implementation of the VLI’s Uniform;
- Launch of the Golden Rules.
- Capitalization: closing of the negotiation with partners Mitsui, FI-FGTS and Brookfield;
- Launch of the VLI’s Leadership School;
- Remodeling of logistics corridors;
- Construction of 7 crossing courtyards;
- Arrival of 14 SD70 locomotives and 11 AC44 locomotives, acquisition of 38 Dash9 locomotives;
- Acquisition of 509 class E wagons and 220 class T wagons (wide gauge);
- Inauguration of the new CCO;
- Incorporation of TMIB (SE).
- Welcome Day – formalization of the arrival of new investors: Mitsui, FI-FGTS and Brookfeld;
- Launch of the new VLI’s Mission, Vision and Values;
- Inauguration of the locomotive spinner;
- Beginning of TI Santa Luzia (MG) operations;
- Duplication of extensions of BH (MG), duplication of FTL, Extension TEGRAM and Suzano Branch (MA);
- Extension of 17 crossing courtyards;
- Installation of the filling station in Porto Nacional (TO);
- Works of the wagon workshop in Lavras (MG) and Integrating Terminal of Guará (SP);
- Acquisition of 21 Dash9 locomotives, 20 SD70 locomotives. Acquisition of 1850 class E wagons and 582 class T wagons;
- Acquisition of the grinding train
- Inauguration of the IT of Guará (SP);
- Beginning of the testing operation of three major VLI’s terminals, IT of Palmeirante II, IT of the National Port (TO) and IT of Uberaba (MG);
- VLI is listed for the first time in the ranking of Best Companies for You to Work, of the Você S/A magazine;
- First bulk carrier unloading at TEGRAM branch (MA);
- Acquisition of 663 class E wagons and 865 class T wagons. Arrival of 49 GT46 locomotives, acquisition of 7 Dash9 locomotives, 18 SD70 locomotives and 9 AC44 locomotives
- Start of operations at IT of Uberaba (MG);
- Start of operations of the North terminals (IT of Palmeirante and IT of the National Port) (TO);
- Expansion of TIPLAM (SP) and start of operations of sugar, corn and expansion of the sulfur courtyard;
- Start of operation at the Pecém Port Terminal (CE);
- VLI is considered the best infrastructure company in Brazil by the Época Negócios magazine;
- Arrival of 16 SD70BB locomotives and acquisition of 12 AC44 locomotives. Acquisition of 1,466 additional class E wagons